The Air Force Brass Quintet

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Commandant's Own U.S. Marine Drum Corps

Hi all,



Getting down to the wire here, ya'll.  I've had a great time doing these blogs and I've learned quite a bit.  I thought I'd (finally) post about my topic again.  The Commandant's Own is the drum and bugle corps of the U.S. Marine Corps.  It consists of 80 active duty marines.  They dress in red and white uniforms.  The Commandant's own is completely separate from its sister band, "The President's Own"  however, they perform with each other during the summers in the Friday night traditional parades.  The Commandant's Own was first formed in 1934 to augment The President's Own.  They perform a wide variety of styles including marches, jazz, patriotic, and classical music.  Check out their website HERE.  And I found a really cool video about the history of the Commandant's Own.  So Ch-ch-check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment